Newton’s Third Law of Motion states that for every action (force) in nature, there is an equal and opposite reaction (and yes my name is Stephanie Newton…and no, Isaac Newton was not my grandfather. If I had a nickel for each time I have been asked that lol).
Back to Newton’s Third Law of Motion…what we resist, persists!
So how do we go about cleaning our lives up of negativity and hardship? We squeeze it out!
Instead of pushing and using force to get rid of something (which only adds energy to the situation), bring positivity in. Here are some ideas and examples:
- Addicted to coffee all day long? Start meditating and drinking himalayan salt water, apple cider vinegar, or lemon water a couple of times per day.
- Carrying a few extra pounds and can’t seem to give up the sweets? Add in twice-daily salads.
- Kids refuse to eat a healthy diet? Juice for them (with fruits and veggies that they like).
- Can’t get away on a vacation? Drink a cup of tea on your front porch a couple of times per day.
- You find yourself yelling at your kids and can’t seem to stop? Add in praises several times per day.
- Your neighbor is angry at your barking dog? Smile and wave obnoxiously big at least once per day to your neighbor.
- Have no energy? Write down on a sheet of paper, “I am energetic”, and leave it on your nightstand.
- You and your mom seem to have several unpleasant text exchanges each week? Send a few positive memes in between to shake things up.
- Kids keeping you up at night with diaper-duty? Take daytime naps.
I think you get the picture. You get more flies with honey, as they say (speaking of honey, check out my blogpost about the top benefits of raw honey 🙂 ).